CATS Nametag Motifs
Starting in the top left-hand corner and going roughly in rows, we have
- a moon, stars and cloud, representing the PJ Party, which benefits
Big Brothers/Big Sisters (hence the "BBBS"). Beside the "BBBS" is a
jar containing pennies and dimes that people have used to cast their
votes for the best pajamas! (cross stitch, backstitch, star stitch)
- the CATS logo (cross stitch and backstitch)
- footprints and a magnifying glass, representing the Murder Mystery
Banquet (cross stitch, backstitch, eyelet)
- a scroll frame with "practice" specialty stitches, surrounded by a
dotted line with arrows around it, representing the Progressive and
Sunday Samplers (cross stitch, back stitch, half cross, French knot,
- a Mastercard and shopping bag, representing the Shopping Mart (I know,
the Mastercard should be melting! LOL!) (satin stitch, woven wheels,
woven stitch, backstitch)
- my adaptation of Teresa Wentzler's "Merrry Christmas Cat," owned and copyrighted by: Leisure Arts, Inc. P.O. Box 55595, Little Rock, AR 72215. All rights reserved.
I flipped the cat, changed the bow color from red to purple,
changed the eyes and made a few other modifications to convert the pattern
to 1 over 1. (cross stitch, backstitch)
- a "teaching frame," representing classes. The board was made by cutting
threads, leaving every third one. The giant needle is made from a matchstick
I carved! The stitch being demonstrated is a Queen Stitch. (satin stitch,
cutting, queen stitch :)
- "@" symbol...this means I am online.
- blue ribbon, representing the Showcase (no, I wasn't being over-confident!
:) (DMC rayon...Rhodes stitch, turkey stitch, queen stitch for the streamers)
- comfy chair and table with cup of tea, representing the Stitchers'
Lounge (satin stitch, padded satin, Rhodes, waffle, blackwork)
- Christmas tree branch with heart-shaped ornament, representing the
Christmas ornament sale benefitting Big Brothers/Big Sisters (cross-stitch,
backstitch, leaf, fir)
- a cat stitch I created (satin stitch, padded satin and sheaf stitch)
- ball of yarn (.my own Yarn Rhodes, backstitch)
- blackwork cat
- triple herringbone band (herringbone)
- My name! :) The "H" was taken from Teresa Wentzler's "Christmas Sampler,"
owned and copyrighted by: Leisure Arts, Inc. P.O. Box 55595, Little Rock, AR 72215. All rights reserved
. I made up the lower-case letters.